Adoption Facts and Eligibility
Any single adult, couple (married or unmarried), homosexual or heterosexual willing and able to complete the screening, interview, and training process is eligible to adopt a child and welcome at New Life Village. There is not a fee to adopt a child out of foster care. Many, many people who would be great parents do not even know they can adopt. Often people do not consider adoption because they think:
- It costs too much money
- They are too old or too young
- They have to be married to adopt
- They would not get approved
- They do not have a support system
- They have never been parents
- There is no cost to apply and no court fees when adopting a child from foster care
- Families that adopt a child receive a monthly stipend of approximately $430 a month until the child is 18
- Healthcare for adopted children is covered by Medicaid
- Adopted children receive a free college education at a Florida college
- People over the age of 21 are eligible to adopt
- Single people, couples, and married couples are all eligible to adopt
- If you move to New Life Village, the community is your partner and support system.
Children who are not adopted as babies or who have entered the foster care system at a later age have the greatest need to find a good family. The journey for these children has typically been a difficult one. They have been abandoned, abused or neglected by their biological parents. Visit our Adoption Resources Page to learn how to adopt or foster.