New Life Village is Growing!
In 2012, after acquiring and rehabbing an abandoned Palm River housing project, New Life Village opened its doors to residents. Since then, New Life Village is proud to have all of its housing units filled and currently maintains a long waiting list. NLV offers a robust onsite program for children and adults through an expansion of community partnerships, fostering village activities and building a community that supports one another. NLV is planning for the next phase of building to accommodate an increased need for affordable housing, services to children in foster care and support for children healing from the effects of the opioid crisis. Fully developed, the campus will be home to approximately 300 residents. NLV is proudly partnered with the USF School of Architecture and Community Design to develop a Master Plan for the Village, and have recently been awarded a Community Block Development Grant from Hillsborough County to expand property amenities which will allow children, seniors and caregivers to engage in more trust-building and healthy activities- including a new splash pad and garden.
Affordable housing is a mounting crisis in the Tampa Bay region with more than 60,000 families unable to afford housing in 2019. Hillsborough County has the most children in foster care in the state of Florida with more than 1,000 children entering the system in the three years due to the opioid epidemic. Currently, there are an estimated 7,000 children affected by the system of care in the tri-county area. At-risk children and families in Tampa Bay come to NLV and find an affordable, supportive and wholistic neighborhood to call “Home”. The need for attainable program-rich housing, like what NLV provides, outweighs the supply.
We are excited to grow our Village and we need your help! This means we have the opportunity to expand our mission’s reach and bring more families together.
Growth will allow us to:
- Impact more children affected by trauma and/or foster care
- Give these children a permanent environment and a place to call “Home”
- Provide more seniors with purpose and healthy activities in their retirement and affordable housing
- Surround more families with our Wellness, Resilience and Character Development Program
Capital Campaign Overview
New Life Village has launched a multi-phase development of our remaining 9-acres of land. The total project is estimated to cost $14 million.
Phase II of the Expansion Builds:
- Two new townhome buildings, each 9,772 square feet
- 3 & 4 bedroom units to accommodate housing for large families of sibling groups
- A “Home” to approximately 60 new residents
2 Townhome Buildings x $1.5 million each = $3,000,000
Phase II Donor Naming Opportunities:
- $500,000 – (2 available) Naming of 1 Townhome Building (in perpetuity)
- $250,000 – (2 available) Naming of the Garden or Splash Pad
- $150,000 – (1 available) Naming of Street Hockey/Basketball Court
- $100,000 – (1 available) Naming of Meditation Garden
- $50,000 – (2 available) Naming of Resident Wellness Walkway through the Village
- $25,000 – (4 available) Naming of a street within the Village
- $10,000 – Naming of a resident program at NLV (camp, recreational activities, etc.)
All donors at the above levels will also receive:
- Recognition in materials published about the NLV Capital Campaign
- Brick Paver engraved with a message of your choice
Contributions of any size to this campaign makes it possible for children affected by trauma, the families who are raising them and the seniors that support them to live in a safe and supportive community. Your gift helps us grow the access our residents have to life-changing services and resources. New Life Village is honored to accept anonymous donations and uphold donor privacy.
Join us for an upcoming Lunch & Learn or tour of our Village and learn how you can get involved by contacting: Mariah Hayden, Executive Director at 813.304.0623 or firstname.lastname@example.org