New Life Village is Growing!
In 2013, after acquiring an abandoned housing project and rehabbing the development in Palm River, New Life Village opened its doors to invite residents to move in. Since then, New Life Village is proud to have all of its housing units filled and currently maintains a waiting list for 40 additional residents. The staff and board of directors have designed and implemented a robust program for children and adults through expansion of community partnerships, fostered village activities and built a community that supports each other. New Life Village is planning for the next phase of building to accommodate an increased need for affordable housing, services to children in foster care and support for families affected by the opioid crisis. Fully developed, the campus will be home to approximately 300 residents. In the past 12 months, we have developed a partnership with the USF School of Architecture and Community Design to develop a Master Plan for the Village, and have recently been awarded a Community Block Development Grant from Hillsborough County to expand property amenities which will allow children, seniors and caregivers to engage in more trust building and healthy activities including a new splash pad and garden.
We are excited to grow our Village. We need your help! This means we have the opportunity to expand our mission’s reach and bring more families together. Growth will allow us to:
- Impact more children affected by trauma(s) and/or foster care
- Give these children a permanent environment and a place to call “Home”
- Surround more families with our Wellness, Resilience and Character Development Program
- Provide an optimal environment for our seniors to stay engaged, active and healthy
Any contribution of any size to this campaign makes it possible for children affected by trauma, the families that are raising them and the seniors that support them to live in a safe and supportive community. Your gifts help us grow the access our residents have to life changing services and resources.
Capital Campaign Overview
New Life Village has launched a multi-phase development of our remaining 9-acres of land. The total project is estimated to cost $13 million.
Phase II of the Expansion Builds:
- Two new townhome buildings
- Each, 9,772 square feet
- 3 & 4 bedroom units to accomodate housing for large families of sibling groups
2 Townhome Buildings x $1.5 million each = $3,000,000 Phase II Campaign Goal
- $500,000 Committed – (2 available) naming of 1 Townhome Building (in perpetuity)
- $250,000 – (2 available) naming of a common space located central to the Village townhomes
- Pool Expansion & Splash Pad
- $150,000 – (2 available) naming of Street Hockey/Basketball Court
- $100,000 – (2 available) naming of Meditation Garden
- $50,000 – (4 available) naming of a resident wellness walkway through the Village
- $25,000 – (4 available) naming of a street within the Village
- $10,000 – Naming of a resident program at NLV (Camp, Recreational Activities, etc.)
All donors at the above levels will also receive:
- Recognition in materials published about the NLV Capital Campaign
- Invitation to Village event to interact with our residents
- Brick Paver engraved with a message of your choice
Join us for an upcoming Lunch & Learn or tour of our Village and learn how you can get involved or contact: Mariah Hayden, Executive Director | 813.304.0623 | email@example.com