New Life Village is looking for people who will help us get and keep children out of foster care by giving them a forever home. While our village was founded by a Sister, we are non-denominational and welcome residents of all faiths and family orientations.
New Life Village Residency Requirements
Families who reside at New Life Village must have adopted or be in the process of fostering or adopting. Parents approved for the process, but who have not yet completed the adoption may move into the village if they have completed Professional Parenting classes. Seniors who reside at the village must be 55 or older. Residents must also:
- Be persons of compassion and commitment to the Village’s mission
- Be financially stable
- Be willing to complete required monthly volunteer hours that serve the Village’s mission
- Have an approved credit and background check
Our seniors serve as surrogate grandparents who provide an extended family, a place to go after school, a shoulder to lean on, tutoring in our training center, coaches for our activities or friends to our adoptive parents. They play a valued and meaningful role, helping us to raise the children, serving as a positive role model, and helping with the property and the program.
Steps to Apply
- Make an appointment to tour NLV
- Discuss your eligibility to foster, adopt and/or serve and to live at NLV
- Complete the applications and background check and submit an application fee
- A committee reviews your application and either grants or denies approval to the program
- Upon approval, review and sign the Resident Contract and “Intention to Adoption/Foster Commitment”
- Upon receipt of a security deposit, based on availability, you will be assigned a new home
“As a senior, to live in New Life Village is like being offered a chance to remain “forever young.” The contact with families and young children is a joyful challenge with many unexpected rewards. When I first came here, I had no idea what to expect. I have since discovered a caring loving community intent on giving the best of themselves to make the dream come true.”