Adoption Facts and Eligibility
Any single adult, couple (married or unmarried), homosexual or heterosexual willing and able to complete the screening, interview, and training process is eligible to adopt a child and welcome at New Life Village. There is not a fee to adopt a child out of foster care. Families that adopt a foster child receive a subsidy from the state until the child reaches 21 years of age. Healthcare is covered by Medicaid and a free college education to a Florida school is provided for adopted children
Many, many people who would be great parents do not even know that they can adopt.
Often people do not consider adoption because they think:
- It costs too much money
- They are too old or too young
- They have to be married to adopt
- They would not get approved
- They do not have a support system to help them raise the children
- They have never been parents
- There is no cost to apply and no court fees when adopting a child from Foster Care
- Families that adopt a child receive a monthly stipend of approximately $430 a month until the child is 18
- Healthcare for adopted children is covered by Medicaid
- Adopted children receive a free college education to a Florida school
- People over the age of 21 are eligible to adopt
- Single people, couples, and married couples are all eligible to adopt
- You do not need a partner. In fact, if you move to New Life Village, the community is your partner.
The children who will call New Life Village “Home” and who will call you “Mom” or “Dad” do not currently live here.
They are waiting for you to move to New Life Village and to adopt them! Children who are not adopted as babies or who have entered the foster care system at a later age have the greatest need to find a good family. The journey for these children has typically been a difficult one. They, at some time in their lives, have been abandoned, abused or neglected by their biological parents. Visit our Adoption Resources Page to learn how to adopt or foster.